Nov 12, 2009

Fall is Here

I love this time of year, but in all honesty, I think I just like it when the seasons first change over, something refreshing about any new season and what it brings. But Fall is amazing. I love the feel in the air and the hint that the holidays are coming. Starting to want to curl up on the couch with a blanket and drink hot chocolate or tea, and yes, crazy me, I even love the Santa Annas...dunno why, but I think they're pretty cool.
Brady really got into Halloween this year, excited to dress up, but not exactly sure about what "Trick or Treating" was...until that night. Once this kid realized when you knock on someones door and say those words, you get CANDY...he was on a mission. He went from not really wanting to walk, to running in between houses. I love it, love watching the boys make these memories of all the fun times during the holidays!


Our trip to the Pumpkin Patch
Although it took about 1 1/2 hours just to get to Bates because of the horrible traffic, the kids had fun once we finally got there.

Notice my children not cooperating, not smiling or I guess looking "dorky" lol....you'll see this pattern, yet it is never the same child. Getting 3 kids, boys especially, to all smile is HARD work!

Teagen

Maya


Come ON Dad...are you outta shape????


Uncle Chad, off-roading on the pumpkins

Typical brothers, always racing!

Just smile Kohl, come on...last picture, I promise! ;)


...................Carving Time...............
The kids always love this part. Digging out gooey stuff, cutting up things, they love it! Kaden and Kohl each did their own this year, Brady thought he was helping by stabbing holes all over them.



WARNING!!! what you're about to see is 100% against everything Smokey the Bear ever taught us. We are completely breaking the cardinal rule of, "Kids don't ever play with matches!"
....So Kaden was dying to light the pumpkins, and he has inherited my hint of pyroness, the kid loves fire/flames. So we figured let him go ahead and try. First attempt at striking a match, chaos and hilarity! Poor Kaden, he lit it, which one, suprised him! and then he pointed the match downward, making the flame go back up....towards his finger. Panic, and he threw the LIT match down, luckily Jason was next to him to put it out :)
Well he finally got another match going and lit all the pumpkins for us, with out burning down the kitchen :) yay!





Getting ready to go to our neighbor's costume/candy eating party

Kaden (Darth Vador), Kohl ( G.I.Joe), Brady (Thomas)

Once we got there, Brady changed his mind and wanted to be a crazy cowboy instead

Yee-haw

This is the first time Jason and I have dressed up in YEARS!!! We decided to go with the flow and embrace his missing teeth. Might as well take advantage before they get fixed.
I was a referee and Jay was a beat up Rugby player

All the kids trick or treating


Oh yeah....keeping the neighborhood classy!
Jay and Aaron (the mullet-rocking-redneck) Such a great costume!

0 comments: