Yesterday was Kaden's very first day of Kindergarten. He couldn't have been more ready or excited to start this new adventure. He was ready last year, but we decided to wait another year just to make sure emotionally and socially he was fully there. He is above and beyond that, and ready to take on elementary school! We put him in afternoon session, it just worked out better with our schedules so we got to sleep in, make breakfast, even run to the store before we headed out for school. Since we live right up the hill we get to walk and avoid all the yucky traffic. I kept it in, a little watery eyes, hid under my big sunglasses. I didn't get real tears until Kohl gave Kaden and he started crying. He misses Kaden so much and preschool. Kaden was so proud, never looking back, just so excited to finally be in "real" school.

































2 comments:
Awww... what a big boy! I think it is important for kids (boys especially) to be "older" in school. We thought about holding our kids back since they have May and June birthdays but in the end, they were extremely ready to go to school. I love the pic of Kohl giving his big brother a hug. Kaden will have to get the name of that cute little girl standing in line behind him!
especially cute all dressed up in her Gymboree outfit!
Post a Comment