Dec 9, 2008

Christmas Cheer...and all that jazz

(Just a side note: You should check out the Predator Hummer link on my sidebar. The Hummer you'll see on there, Jason spent the past month completely rebuilding it, I''m talking about from nothing but a metal frame! It's beautiful!)

We are very excited it's the Holiday Season again. I think every years as the kids get older it gets more fun for us. This year I decided to do something a little different and try and add some adventure into our routine, because we live in a much smaller place than we have the past Christmases, we couldn't get our usual big, gorgeous Noble Fur tree, so I figure lets at least make getting the tree fun, right! We went to a tree farm with Gammie (Jason's mom) and Grandpa Scott to (as Kohl and Jason were singing) "Chop it down, chop it down, chop it down...." (the Matisyahu song)
The place was a maze and of course the kids loved running around, playing hide and seek...or is it more like just get lost from mom and dad? We found our 2 fave trees and Kaden made the executive decision. The Hustead men slowly but surely sawed down the tree. It was fun and different, very sticky, poky, and hard to find trees. We'd find one we liked and then tried to go back to compare and could not find it again! lol


Hustead boys were hard at work!

Mission Completed!

Not a bad shot by Kaden

The men in my life :)



Then today I took the rug rats to go see Santa. I was NOT planning on being in the picture or even buying one, I wanted to just take my own, but Brady had a death grip on me so there I am...yay! Kaden told Santa he wants a dirt bike (haha, ya right!) and Kohl said a remote control monster truck. He has said this for the past 3 years and has owned about 5 so I have no idea where that comes from? So on with the season and much more Christmas cheer to come!

2 comments:

friedrichfamily411 said...

very fun adventure, your boys will forever remember that, and I LOVE the santa Pic!

Laura said...

I love the Santa pic... we were at the NCF mall the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I almost stopped to have the kids sit on that Santa's lap. We were in a hurry though and didn't want to wait. I love how in your picture everyone is looking at the camera except for Santa... :)