Jan 19, 2009

Utah part I: "New Years Eve"

The day after Kohl's bday we hit the road at 3am, it was Utah or bust! We were so lucky to have the Means family welcome us into their home and give us the great Utah experience. With 7 kids in the house it was always entertaining and a bit chaotic, but SO much fun! I'll start with this post, well because it's the first bunch of pics I've gotten off the camera lol! New Years Eve, which was also my 29th (tear, tear) Birthday was a blast! Laura, Jay, myself and all 7 kids (Chris had to work part of the day) went to venture out and go ice skating. My boys had never gone before and for Jason and I it had been well over 10 years, so we were very anxious to see how it would go. Luckily Brady fell asleep on the way so we were able to get the boys situated and even get out on the ice together! They caught on so fast, and did not want to get off when we were done. Kaden and Kohl had so much fun with Justin and Allison!...oh ya, it was about 16 degrees when we got there!

The Ice Rink



Woohoo Kohlie!

Jay and the kids


My handsome boys!


Chris is lucky enough to get to go hunting and had just recently got a doe elk (hope I said that right Laura lol) So I had the best birthday dinner! Fresh Elk Steaks!!! They were dee-lish!!!!

umm, umm


And thanks to Laura's great idea, we even had all 7 kids in bed by 10, well maybe asleep by 10:30! Yep, we had them watch the ball drop in real east coast time!! So once it fell in NY it was Happy New Year lol!!!

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Haha.... A female elk is a "cow" elk... I still get it all mixed up but Chris sets me straight. I love that the kids were none the wiser about new years and that none of them figured out that they got cheated...

Jason&Linze said...

I knew it didn't sound right! haha