Jan 22, 2009

Utah Part II: Sledding!


This had to be, by far, the boys favorite thing! Given the fact that my kids (and husband) are totally adrenalin junkies and love anything that goes fast, how could they not love it. Even Brady was hooked after his first hill, he was a broken record " my tee, my tee, my tee"(my turn)
The first sledding experience was right in Chris and Laura's neighborhood. We walked down to the little park which had a little hill with a bunny hop at the end where the kids would catch some air. By the end they were even trying to go down standing on their sleds.
Ally and I made a snowman together and sent of Kaden and Kohl to find all the body parts, it turned out pretty cute :)
It was a work in progress
Ta-da

The hill

Lovin' it!


Pure heaven!!!

You can you see the excitement on his face!!! Go daddy, Go!

Ya, we got a work out that day pulling him around and up the hill


Kaden taking Brady down


Justin and Kohl's air off the bunny jump!


And of course we all took turns crashing!


So much fun, good thing for lots of layers of pants! lol


Our next sledding fun was a little bit more extreme. One of the days we all headed to Capellas (I probably got that one wrong too! lol) Which is any outdoors mans DREAM store. It is probably 2 or 3 times bigger than Costco and has everything from hunting, fishing, guns, aquariums, laser shooting arcade for the kids, and it is filled with life like (used to be live) animals all over the place. It is made to look like you are out in the wilderness. (I forgot my camera that day so I don't have any pics of the store or sledding)
After we left there we headed down a frontage road to a local sledding spot. This hill was HUGE!!! Big enough that there was a guy on a quad that would drive people back up to the top after they made it down. Because it was so compacted from being sled on, you hauled butt and if you crashed it was like hitting concrete. Kohl went down first, I almost couldn't watch, since he is so light he just bounced around like crazy. You probably sled for about as long as a football field! Jason took Brady for his first ride. I wasn't sure what to expect, if it was going to be too much for him....ya right! Jason said he laughed the entire way down, lost a boot and his pacifire but was cracking up the whole ride and of course right when they got to the bottom is was " my tee, my tee" lol. I think Laura might have gotten pics of the hill, if she did whenever I see them I'll put them up.

Still to come: More Utah pics of scenery, Kohl's bday, little bit of xmas and my bday...it might be Valentines day before all that happens! haha

1 comments:

Laura said...

Haha... I'm glad you posted the pic of your snow enema... I'll email you the pics of Cabellas and the sledding hill once I get back on that computer again.