May 29, 2008

another hat to wear

Back in January and February I was sending out my resume all over looking for a job. I'm talking close to 20 a week. Amongst one of my many applications and resume sends I applied for a position for the Escondido Union High School District which I had completely forgotten about. About a month ago I kept getting these voicemails for a coaching position for CO-ED competitive Cheer at SPHS...which for those who aren't familiar with Esco, that would be my (a Cougar) cross town rival! haha, so funny how we carry that pride with us after so many years! Anyways, I never responded, aaah I don't have the time and it's San Pasqual :) After the third message in two weeks I decided to call back and at least ask some questions about the position....there might be a reason why they keep calling me? I ended up setting up an interview, for what I thought was 8am. I got there to an empty building, it was at 8PM! So of course I came back that night and left feeling like I had not gotten the position. I requested that I did not want the head coach spot, I didn't feel I had the qualifications or the time. I was a bit rusty with my cheer lingo with stunts and tumbling so I got a bit nervous in the interview (which was done by 3 people at once, each taking turns asking me questions...kinda nerve racking). Well I got a call Tuesday night offering me the Assistant Coach position! I met the team tonight at the graduation fund raiser and even got in on helping them sell water. I go next Thursday to meet the new head coach and go over our contracts, pay and upcoming years schedule. I do know we go to Universal Studios, Magic Mountain, and Disney World...yes, I'll be going to Florida, maybe twice (paid too!!!) Most importantly I am excited to work with the kids, they seem like a good group of teens and i can't wait to be a mentor and leader to them, and have lost of fun!

2 comments:

Beckie said...

that sounds like so much fun. congrats. you'll be a great coach.

Audra said...

That is so exciting. I know one of the girls on your team, she is in a cheer class with my daughter, she is so sweet and such a hardworker. If all your girls are like her you will have a great cheer year. Congratulations!!