

There was a Mom's Luncheon at Kohl and Kaden's school today. I was looking forward to spending some time with just the boys and Kaden Kohl were talking about it all last week. I knew it was going to be a special treat, but really it turned out to be more than I expected, it was a very precious moment and memory we'll get to share. Kaden, my thoughtful giver, was the host with the most! He attended to my every need, bringing me seconds and even thirds of our lunch and as soon as my cup looked 1/2 gone he was quick to go refill it! (watch out, lady killer in the works lol). When I told him I was full he was sad, so I let him get me one more helping. And of course Kohl was there helping Kaden to serve me...too cute! I sat at their (very tiny) table with their friends and other moms and enjoyed watching them interact with their buddies. I was surprised at how they really understood and truly cared about why us mom's were there, and how excited they were to show me how much they love me. I was the only lucky mom who got 2 flowers, 2 desserts and 2 very special message cards :) I was reminded today, through my children, that life's most memorable moments and precious gifts are not wrapped in a box or bought with money, they are given through actions of love and thoughts of kindness. I feel so lucky and proud to have such caring and loving children. Oftentimes parenting can be so tedious, worrying about making that right decision, knowing we are responsible for shaping them into well-rounded, good hearted people. It is such a heart warming and joyous feeling when you realize you are doing a good job, when you see them (especially boys) so open with their love for you and so anxious to make you happy...it's the best feeling in the world!
May 6, 2008
So Precious are the Little Moments....
Labels: Special Occasions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





























0 comments:
Post a Comment