Jul 11, 2008

5 years married....13 together!




Our 5th wedding anniversary is actually tomorrow, July 12th, (13 years together in September). I figured I better post this now while I have the time or the day will most likely just come and go. Tomorrow we'll be at the fields at 8am! to collect Kaden's football gear and have his first team meeting, then we'll be off to the beach for Zach's 13th birthday party. It's crazy to think that Jason met Zach back when he was only 10 weeks old and he is now 13! Life is flying by! We're going to celebrate on Sunday, my sisters are going to watch the boys for us and Jason has made reservations for somewhere (I'll find out when we get there). I'm stealing my friends anniversary blog idea and have thought of 5 reasons (5 for the years married) why I love being married to Jason!

5. There is no "his" and "her" jobs in our relationship/marriage. Together we work as a team to get whatever the given task: laundry, dishes, baths, diaper changes, taking the trash out, clean the toilets, he even makes me coffee on the weekends (even though he can't stand to drink it!)...whatever it may be. I just love that there is no line between us when it comes to raising our kids and taking care of our home.

4. I love that he is a man's man (figure of speech) He is not afraid to get dirty, when he's sick, there is no complaining, no babying needed or wanted. He knows how to change the oil in my car, tie weird kinda knots, tow a trailer like he's driving a mini coop, stick his hand down the yucky garbage disposal, pick up crazy wild animals and bugs.

3. I love how he loves me. He is so generous, thoughtful and considerate. He wants to make sure I am happy and taken care of.


2. He makes me laugh, even if I am upset (which at the time is very aggravating!) But it is a natural gift he has and it's such a great part of his character.


1. He is the BEST dad I could have ever hoped for and been given for my children. There is not a day that he doesn't put them before anything else in his life. He is their mentor, their fishing partner, driving buddy, coach, wrestling opponent, playmate, their protector and their best friend.

3 comments:

Audra said...

Congratulations to you guys. That is so exciting. You should feel very proud that you two have built such a wonderful marriage for your boys to watch and model when they grow up.

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the idea of the favorite things list. I'm for sure going to do this--more for a way to remind myself of why I got married.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Thats awesome. I love number 2 that is the same as Steve.