So as you know, a few months back I was hired on as SPHS coed cheer's asst. coach, yesterday I had to tell them I would no longer be able to fulfill my duties for their team. My job offered me a great opportunity to transfer to another store, one that does 4X's the volume of the store I was currently working at. I have come to really like the company (Gymboree) as an employer. They are comparable to Starbucks with their benefits, advancement and growth with the company opportunities. Even though it means more work, I just could not pass the offer up! Then with Kaden and Kohl both starting their practices next week it was making me nervous and sad thinking about missing out on any of their games and practices. So no free Florida or Vegas trips for me this year! It is the right decision and it felt good when I realized it was all going to be too much and I would quit. So on the the next challenge, helping get my new store get back in order. As of right now, I am the only manager, or employee for that matter, on the schedule that plans to be there next month (they had issues with the old manager who ended being let go which caused many of the girls to leave). And although I have only been with the company for 4 months they are pretty much throwing me into the middle of chaos, but I am excited at the chance to get my foot in the door even more with this great company and keep working my way up :)
Jul 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





























3 comments:
"Can't do it all"-- that pretty much sums it up right there. I was wondering how you were going to do everything you had on your plate! Good for you for making the decision to quit cheer even though it would have been a fun time! Good luck with Gymboree! I am an avid shopper there since their clothes are the only ones that hold up after 3 girls use them. (Not to mention they are so darn cute!) Just make sure you tell them when you are vacationing to come and see us and get that scheduled in :)
well, i'm sad that you had to give up something so fun, but you did the right thing. it's too hard to be stretched every which way, and try to find time for yourself or you and jason. if it's meant to be, you'll have another opportunity in a few years when things calm down a bit. how's gymboree going? i've been thinking about applying there.
I love it, you would too. It's very similar to Starbucks as far as growing with the company, bennies etc. I highly recommend it, and with your management skills you should do great! I was talking to my DM and she wants me to be ready to have my own store by next summer. It would actually be a Janie & Jack store which is more a higher end Gymboree. Let me know what you do!
Post a Comment