Feb 27, 2009

Mommy Bragging Rights

So, I guess I have to be "such a mom", and completely gush about my son! Kaden, who is now about 1/2 way through Kindergarten, is READING! It is the neatest thing to watch, to see him take the time and sound out words, read signs, instructions, everything! I wish I could give credit to myself, but really, it is all owed to his awesome preschool. They gave him such amazing phonics skills, which are the key step to reading. He has aced all his weekly spelling/reading words and is one of the top 5 in his class! For me, the best thing about Kaden being quite the little reader, is his enjoyment of it. He has such a desire to learn and understand everything, he truly LOVES school, cause he loves to learn! That really goes for everything, because he is also very into math and his addition/subtraction...(he's going to be a little nerdy like his mama and Aunties LOL) My favorite thing of all about watching his little mind grow, is when he sits down with Brady and reads him stories...something very special for both of them!

2 comments:

Sara Jones said...

Awwww... so cool! I remember when Andrew started reading (at about the same time) and how amazing & sweet it was!

Anonymous said...

Yay kaden! How awesome would it be if he was a math nerd too:) I am sure one proud Auntie! Miss you guys!