So most of you know this past year has been a rough one. With the economy slamming on the brakes, so did construction and building sites, which meant Jason's line of work became few and far between. There were times when he had no work for weeks at a time, and finding a new job is not easy when work is so scarce. Jason's surgery seemed almost a blessing in disguise. It allowed him to step and redirect himself and really get into his diesel technician program and also allowed him the time to look for that perfect job. It couldn't have worked out more perfect, the week before his disability was up he got a call from Predator Motor Sports for an interview, he went in that day (Friday). At that time I was still working at Oggi's and had a shift that night, Jay came up with his mom, Scott and the kids to eat and realized that one of the tables I was waiting on was the same guy that had interviewed him earlier!!! SO crazy, I know! So I went over to my table and mentioned to the guy (Ryan) if he had interviewed someone named Jason Hustead today....he looked at me like, why is my waitress asking me this! I told him he wasmy husband and he's actually eating right behind you. Ryan shook my hand and said to tell Jason he got the job! It's a great family owned company based in Vista, they specialize in Hummers, customizing, gas to diesel conversion and a bunch of stuff I couldn't really explain lol., but Jason LOVES his job. He started with a 90 day "training and probation" period which wouldn't finish until the end of June. Well Monday Jason had his first, very early review! He scored 5 out of 5 on all his marks, in the next month or so he will be "Lead" diesel tech., and in charge of the conversions also because of Jason's classes at Palomar he has linked Predator and the College together and he will be teaching classes on conversion. We are very excited that after all the chaos and ups and downs, it's finally falling into place. There is nothing better than waking up everyday excited to go to work and truly love what you do!
Here is the website to the company Jason works for:
www.predatormotorsports.com
Apr 29, 2008
Proud of my Man
Labels: My Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





























3 comments:
Great job Jason, you've worked so hard and had a few up's-n-downs. I'm soooo proud of you.
That's awesome he got a job in something he loves... it makes all the difference in the world. Chris was working in construction until January when he got this new job at a great fun company. We are glad he is out of construction now as I am sure you are. So can he convert my suburban to run on bio-diesel? I think a gallon of veggie oil is cheaper than a gallon of gas right now! LOL
Congrats Jason!!!!! That is so awesome. I love it when things work out.
Post a Comment