We had a great day today, my boys and I! It's been awhile since I had some good quality time with them without having to drop them off somewhere on my way to work or school. Being that I was so fortunate to have been able to stay home with them for so long, I have a hard time being away from them as much as I have been. When I was home with them all the time, it was hard, stressful and at times I couldn't wait for a break! Today I took them to the Wild Animal Park. We saw so many animals from 2 Cheetahs, all 3 lions were out lounging, a pregnant Giraffe, pregnant Rhino and a Mommy Giraffe nursing her baby! I even braved taking the 3 of them on the Safari Tour, which was great. We brought a lunch and ate out over looking the animals in "Africa". Next stop was the DR.s for Brady's one year check up which included 3 shots. Kaden and Kohl were right next to him, wanting to hold his hands (really they were SO in the way) but they were being so supportive, they even clapped after Brady got his last one to try and encourage him from crying...so adorable! Then we were off to register Kaden for football....wow, what a whole new world I am entering! Waiting 5 different lines, Kaden's signature, measurements and picture, me signing my life away, possibly getting roped in to being the "snack bar" coordinator and wont mention the cost!!! 2 hours later, Kaden was officially part of San Marcos Pop Warner. Ok, this is a bit longer than I intended, but the purpose of this blog is that I had a great day with my boys, I miss our crazy chaotic time together juggling one episode with the other, and I look back and realize what a blessing it was for me to be a stay at home mom for the time that I had. Now that I am working I understand the value of "quality time" and intend to give them as much as I can offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





























4 comments:
What a fun day. Good luck with Pop warner, I hear the parents are something else. I am sure you will keep them in their place though. My daughter is starting competitive cheer this year. Why is it that it costs so much when they are so little? I am glad you had a great day. It sucks having to work.I just keep thinking someday.... ahh someday! By the way your boys are so dang cute!!!
why is it so expensive? It's supposed to be all volunteer, but $150 to $200 per kid, we're talking thousands of dollars coming in, plus they want me to volunteer a few hours a week on top of all that? How fun to have a cheerleader!...."maybe" one day I'll have one of those...
Oh the joys of Pop Warner... When I coached the cheerleaders it was such a money trap! When you are in cheer, you pay to compete too... traveling to Tuscon, hotels, bus, then traveling to Florida for a week at Disney World... They paid for us to go but all of the parents had to pay for themselves and their girls/boys. I have learned what a money trap Dance is and Alli is only 5. The older girls are spending $500-600 per month for dance. Thankfully Justin plays soccer and they don't start competitive soccer here until they are 10 so I have 2 more years to save up for that. BTW... "maybe" have a girl one day? Better start now! :)
No, no, no...you're talking silly Laura! We'll see in a few years where we're at, but NOTHING in the remote near future! We've come to realize with Jason and I, there is no real trying, it's almost like osmosis! lol
Post a Comment